Eligibility (From Bylaws Article IIA):
Voting Faculty: All persons holding a full-time faculty position with a primary academic appointment (greater than 50 percent) in the Speed School with a contract duration of at least two years, or whose previous and current annual contracts run for a period of two years consecutively, shall be voting members of the Speed School faculty.
- The current voting roster was updated August 2022 with updates on new hires, retirements and resignations provided by the Dean’s Office (Courtney Gagel and J. P. Mohsen)
- The voting roster GROUP is Spd_Voting_Faculty. You can see the voting membership by expanding the group address in an Outlook email.
- The address book list can be updated by Bob Cohn and Hermann Frieboes
- If you find you are not on this list and are eligible, please contact Bob or Hermann
Rosters need to be updated about a week before each Speed Faculty Meeting
Ways to update the list:
- Dean’s Office provides a list of all new full-time faculty and identifies any term faculty and their contract duration and hiring date.
- Bylaws Article IIA: A list of the Voting Faculty will be provided to the Faculty by the Office of the Dean upon request.
- Dean’s Office also identifies any faculty resignations.
- Check members of SPD_Faculty <SPDFaculty@louisville.edu> in an Outlook email and compare with the most current list in Spd_Voting_Faculty@louisville.edu.
- For new faculty members identified, request that the Dean’s Office identify which faculty are full-time tenure track and which are full-time term.
- For term faculty, the Dean’s Office also provides the contract duration and hiring date.
- Remove from the voting roster, any non-full time faculty (less than or equal 50%).
- Remove from the voting roster, any term faculty in the first year of a one year contract.
- Process updates to Spd_Voting_Faculty@louisville.edu distribution list/ GROUP by requesting an update using this IT Form or simply editing the list in the Outlook Address Book
- Currently Cohn and Frieboes can update the form or the Address Book,
- but other FC members and staff can be added as editors at any time
Online Voting: (Secret online ballot — in place of traditional mail ballot)
- In Sharepoint select MS Forms
- Prepare the ballot and under Settings
- Select “Specific People in my Organization can respond”
- Un-Select “Record names” to make anonymous/secret
- Select “One response per person”
- Then select share and enter “Spd_Voting_Faculty” in “Enter a name …”
- Then select the email option, or copy the link and email a note to Spd_Voting_Faculty
- The results are reported in the “Responses tab”
- To confirm the totals, share the results with a second tabulator
- Get a sharable link to Responses from “More options”
- by clicking on the three dots on the lower right of the first gray box
- Report the results to the Faculty, including vote totals (per Robert’s Rules)
Electronic Voting in Faculty Meetings:
- Use the MS Forms as in Online Voting above,
- then paste the MS Forms link into MS Teams Chat
- For fully online meetings only MS_Forms only
- For hybrid meetings (TBD) the method could be:
- Show of hands for those in person, MS Forms for the remainder
- All vote using MS Forms. Those in person vote using phone or laptop
- For a small number of online attendees, use MS Teams “Raise Hands” option
Online Voting Results are Archived at
Online Voting Results Repository (on Engineering Hub)