- PhD in Polymer Science and Education, University of Massachusetts (Amherst), 1976
- MS in Polymer Science and Engineering, University of Massachusetts (Amherst), 1975
- ME in Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1972
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1971
- BS in Biology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1968
Four variants of a synthetic chloride anion channel composed of dialkyamines linked to a heptapeptide have been studied in different lipid and polymer membranes using electrophysiological techniques. For the first time, the values pf conductance states, voltage gating properties and qualitative rate of activity were measured in different lipid systems.