Bikram Bhatia is an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Principal Investigator of the Pyro Energy Research Laboratory at the University of Louisville. His research focuses on heat transfer, nanotechnology, advanced materials, and energy systems.
Prior to joining UofL in 2019, he was a research scientist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he worked on opto-thermal systems for concentrated solar power and radiative cooling applications. During his graduate studies, he investigated waste heat harvesting in nanoscale pyroelectric films. Bikram received his B.Tech. from the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in 2008, and Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign in 2014.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, 2008
- BTECH in Mechanical Engineering., Indian Inst Tech Guwahati, 2008
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering., University of Illinois at Urba, 2010
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering., University of Illinois at Urba, 2014