Mental Health & Well-Being
Assistance in courses
- REACH tutoring
- Tips & tricks
- Talk to the instructor and teaching assistant
How to Speak to Faculty & TAs:
- Identify how you would like to reach out (email/set up in-person or virtual appointment)
- Know what you want from the conversation
- Identify your motivations
- Follow-up, get documentation
- Form a study group
- Dissecting your syllabus
- Where are office hours?
- What is the grading scale?
- Will there be a curve?
- What is the best means of communication?
- Test/Assignment dates
- What to do if you fail a test.
Assess the situation and what is in your control.
- Did you go to REACH?
- Did you study with a friend or in a group?
- Did you review your test materials?
- Did you contact your professor?
- Did you discuss your flight plan with your academic counselor?
- Things to remember
- Having difficulty (personal, academic) is normal in college.
- If stress is affecting your daily life, REACH OUT to your academic counselor, instructor, and or the counseling center.
- Course repeats happen, talk to your academic counselor about options.
- Switching your major is normal. Make sure you try your hardest before you do!