Speed Connectors Network allows you the opportunity to earn a scholarship by simply becoming engaged with programs already designed to help you succeed. Over your first year, you will be allowed to participate in workshops, tutoring sessions, social events, and more, all built to assist in your acclimation to Speed School and college.
By participating in the list below, you have the chance to earn up to $1,000 in scholarships for the Spring and Summer semesters.
Complete the following to receive a $500 spring scholarship
- Two (2) REACH Coaching Sessions
- Engineering Fundamentals Departmental Seminar Part I
- Engineering Fundamentals Departmental Seminar Part II
- Thirty Hours (30) of Recorded Tutoring/Studying
- Weekly Meetings (Each meeting will be an hour long)
- Two (2) ENGRain Sessions (Complete the entire ENGRain series you can earn an additional $100)
Complete the following to receive a $500 summer scholarship
- Thirty (30) Hours of Recorded Tutoring/Studying
- Weekly Meetings
- Two (2) ENGRain Sessions
(Complete the entire ENGRain series you can earn an additional $100)
- 5 hours of volunteering within the Engineering Discipline
Participants will also tour with engineering companies within the industry as well as join in on group social activities. Event dates will be created to align with student schedules.
What are the benefits of joining the Speed Connectors Network?
- Build a support system with other peers that encourages continued connection throughout your first year.
Students who participate will have the opportunity to engage alongside peers with whom they may have similar class schedules, living accommodations, majors, and other interests. Making study partners and finding peer-to-peer help easily accessible.
- Exposure to faculty and staff
Faculty and staff guest speakers will be a component of the program. Getting to know their faces prepares and encourages students to engage during the semester.
- Engage in the Industry
Here’s the chance to tour some of the leading companies employing engineers within the city. Students can ask questions and network with engineers working in the field.
What will this cost me?
This program is FREE to engineering students.
Who should apply?
Incoming first-year Speed School students who are eager to ensure a successful transition into college.
How to apply?
Students will have to answer a short essay “Tell us a little about yourself and what interested you to apply for the Speed Connectors Network.”
Application deadline for Fall 2024 participation closes April 21st, 2024.