Diversity & Inclusion Visionary Award
This award is presented annually to a student who has significantly contributed to creating a campus culture of diversity and inclusion. The recipient demonstrates an ability to educate the engineering and campus communities about diversity and inclusion issues and build coalitions across differences.
Nominees considered for this award should meet one or more of the following:
- Candidates must be current Speed School student.
- Candidates must have attended Speed School for a minimum of one full semester during the award year.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to academic achievement with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or above.
- Candidates must be considered in good standing with the University.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership that encourages and speaks to the Speed School strategic goal of Diversity and Opportunity:
“Increase the percentage of underrepresented students and faculty in the school, with particular focus on attracting a more diverse population of races and ethnicities, women, and first generation college students. Enhance the role and impact of student groups and professional societies to encourage lifelong learning and service.”
Nomination - Diversity & Inclusion Visionary Award (Student)