Our reunion, which has typically been held during Homecoming week, will most likely be the second or third week of October 2020. We hope to have exact dates by the first of the year in 2020 when the football schedule is released, so everyone will have plenty of time to lock down their plans.
We are about a year away from our Golden Reunion and the committee is in the process of planning both planned and optional activities. The response on the surveys were excellent and very much appreciated. Thanks to all that participated.
Of the 79 classmates that we have been able to contact, 31 completed the survey which will give us a good representative sample to understanding what we should focus on. Of the 31 surveys completed, 25 said that they would definitely attend, 2 said probably, and 4 said maybe. In addition, an overwhelming majority stated that they would like to have a mixture of structured and socializing events.
Tentatively the agenda will look something like this:
- Thursday Luncheon – University Sponsored Awards Event – also honoring all Golden Reunion Participants from all schools
- Thursday Evening – a cocktail and dinner gathering at the University Club on Campus for just our 1970 Speed class with the possibility of having a few of our professors attend.
- Friday Morning – a private tour of Speed School and Belknap Campus with Tom Owen, local historian
- Friday afternoon – optional activities around Louisville
- Friday Evening – Speed School Cocktail and Awards Dinner
- Saturday before the Homecoming Football Game – a tailgate brunch or lunch (depending on game time) at Speed School
- Saturday Afternoon – Football Game
Everyone will be informed of optional events or activities that they may prefer to attend. Our plan is to share everyone’s contact information (with their permission of course) as well as to who is attending so that anyone interested can coordinate activities with other classmates.
There will be more information to be shared in the Spring as well as kicking off the registration process and any costs associated with any activities.
We definitely hope that everyone will seriously consider attending our Golden Reunion in 2020!