Travel Reimbursement Procedures
- The process is now online and all data will now be entered online in Peoplesoft by a proxy.
- Complete the Travel Expense Reimbursement Checksheet(PDF) and include it with your original receipts when submitting them to the Business Center (or to your Departmental Staff).
- Receipts can either be delivered to the SPD Business Center or scanned to the service account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Travel Expense Report will be created online and you will receive an email with an active link for you to review and approve.
- Review and check the box “By checking this box, I certify the expenses submitted are accurate and comply with expense policy” and then the Submit Expense Report button. You will then be provided with a Submit Confirmation. Click on “OK” to submit.
- Your Travel Expense Report will then be routed to your direct supervisor for their review and approval.
- Once approved by the Supervisor, the Travel Expense Report will then be routed to the Business Center/Dean’s Office for chartfield/budget approval.
- Once approved in the Business Center/Dean’s Office, it will be routed to Accounts Payable for final review and processed.
Dean’s Office Travel Funds Policy (Suspended until further notice)
Through the generous donation of the Bernard A. Dahlem family in behalf of former Professor and Chair John E. Heer of the UofL Civil Engineering Department, the Dean’s Office offers Speed School of Engineering faculty and staff up to $1,000 per fiscal year for approved professional development activities.. These funds can be used, for example, to present research accomplishments at conferences, attend important workshops, or participate in career development programs. Prior approval is required from both your department chair/head and the Dean’s office. These funds are available for one activity per fiscal year and can be used to reimburse associated expenses including lodging, registration, travel and food. Details of the policy are described in the link below.
ALL International Travel must be pre-approved. Please fill out the required forms and provide the requested documentation to the Dean’s Office for approval. Once approved, the forms will be sent to the SPD Business Center for processing and further approval. Do not send any paperwork to the International Center. All paperwork will be uploaded in the Business Center at the time of your request.
If you have any questions, please contact us in the Business Center.
Click here to view the instructions for Out-of-the-Country Travel Authorization
Please use a UofL email address when requesting a travel reimbursement.
- Emergency Information Form
- Hotel Credit Card Authorization
- International Travel
- Release and Assumption of Risk Form
- Request for Authorization of Out-of-Country Travel Form
- Travel Expense Checksheet