Foreign Nationals Information
The Foreign National Information Form must be completed before you can receive any kind of payment.
What is Glacier Tax Compliance System?
GLACIER is a secure on-line tax compliance software system that collects tax related information from foreign individuals receiving funds from the University of Louisville. All individuals receiving funds from the University must have a GLACIER record. GLACIER determines residency status and tax treaty eligibility for the individual.
GLACIER is available 24 hours a day from any computer with internet access.
- Be sure to provide your most current e-mail address in your New Hire Packet.
- University of Louisville staff will forward your GLACIER login information to the e-mail address provided by you in your New Hire Packet. If you do not have access to e-mail, University of Louisville personnel will assist in setting up your tax record in GLACIER at orientation.
- Once you receive your e-mail from GLACIER, please login as soon as possible. You will be prompted to change your login information and asked to complete a short questionnaire to set up your tax record. You will need to have your U.S. entry documentation handy for completing this questionnaire.
- If you need any assistance when completing the questionnaire, click the “Online Help” button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. GLACIER personnel will assist you with answering any questions you may have.
- After completing the GLACIER questionnaire, the software will analyze your residency status, determine your eligibility for any tax treaty benefits, and generate all required forms. Be sure to print, sign, date, and submit these forms to University of Louisville staff as instructed within three days of your orientation.
For additional information regarding GLACIER and U.S. taxation of foreign individuals, view the information sheet.