The Bachelor of Science program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The Master of Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The mission of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is to serve the university, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and the engineering profession by providing high quality educational programs to all students; engaging in research and scholarship that will extend knowledge; and assisting the economic development of the regional, state, and national economies through technology transfer.
Program Educational Objectives
In accordance with our mission statement, within three to five years of graduation;
- Our graduates will grow from technical competency to professional proficiency.
- Our graduates will engage in professional development and life-long learning.
- Our graduates will exhibit leadership and team-building skills.
- Our graduates will provide service to the profession, and to society.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
In addition to the above listed outcomes that are integrated to BSCE and MEng CE programs, additional student outcomes for MEng CE program are:
- Demonstrate a mastery of one of the four areas (structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, transportation engineering, water resources) of professional practice in civil engineering.
- Innovative in the integrated design of civil engineering projects.
- Adept at using modern engineering tools and software to support engineering design.
Specific enrollment and degree data available on Facts & Figures page.
Learn more about Speed School’s accreditation.