Civil & Environmental Engineering has never been in greater demand. Who’s going to improve infrastructure in the 21st century? Speed School graduates.
From our metropolitan Louisville location just minutes away from rural areas and nature preserves, Speed School students are uniquely situated to ask vital questions: How should cities and towns function within our environment?
The groundbreaking research conducted on our campus, and in the wider community, has the potential to save lives. That’s hardly an understatement when you consider the implications of flooding, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, as well as road safety and wastewater treatment.
What You May Study
- Geometric Highway Design
- Fundamentals of Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Traffic Engineering
- Transportation Planning and Urban Development
- Environmental Analysis of Transportation Systems
- Airport Planning and Design
- Advanced Traffic Operations
- Pavement Design
- Earn a prestigious professional credential and increase your marketability.
- Learn from full-time faculty at J.B. Speed School of Engineering, who are experts in the transportation engineering field.
- Complete your certificate in just under a year of study.
- Skip the GRE – not required for admission into the certificate program.
- Apply any credits earned during your certificate program toward UofL’s online Master or Science in Civil Engineering (must apply and be admitted to the master’s program separately).
Complete this certificate on your own time through fully online classes.
Credit Hours. Take only 4 courses to earn your SE certificate.
Year Program. Earn a valuable industry-specific credential in less than a year!
Explore the Certificate in Transportation Engineering
The online Structural Engineering Certificate is designed for professionals with a bachelor’s in civil engineering who want to expand their working knowledge with highly-focused expertise.
Check your Undergraduate Flight Plan
The Flight Plan is a structured, measurable guide for your academic success and growth. Our award-winning academic counselors will work with you to find your optimal path to graduation.