Civil & Environmental Engineering has never been in greater demand. Who’s going to improve infrastructure in the 21st century? Speed School graduates.
From our metropolitan Louisville location just minutes away from rural areas and nature preserves, Speed School students are uniquely situated to ask vital questions: How should cities and towns function within our environment. Earn a graduate certificate in this field.
The groundbreaking research conducted on our campus, and in the wider community, has the potential to save lives. That’s hardly an understatement when you consider the implications of flooding, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, as well as road safety and wastewater treatment.
What You May Study
- Fundamentals of Prestressed Concrete
- Masonry Design
- Timber Design
- Bridge Design
- Pavement Design
- Building Information Modeling
- Increase your marketability with a worldwide-recognized credential.
- Engage with the award-winning, full-time faculty from J.B. Speed School of Engineering.
- Take advantage of the flexibility and convenience of 100% online classes.
- Complete your certificate in just under a year of study.
- Skip the GRE – not required for admission into the certificate program.
- Apply certificate credits toward UofL’s online Master of Science in Civil Engineering (must apply and be admitted to the master’s program separately).
Complete this certificate on your own time through fully online classes.
Credit Hours. Take only 4 courses to earn your SE certificate.
Explore the Graduate Certificate in Structural Engineering
The online Structural Engineering Certificate is designed for professionals with a bachelor’s in civil engineering who want to expand their working knowledge with highly-focused expertise.
Speed School Student Wins Prestigious ACRP Graduate Research Award for Innovative Airport Pavement Project
Speed School Professor Honored at Presidential Excellence Awards