Civil & Environmental Engineering has never been in greater demand. Who’s going to improve infrastructure in the 21st century? Speed School graduates.
From our metropolitan Louisville location just minutes away from rural areas and nature preserves, Speed School students are uniquely situated to ask vital questions: How should cities and towns function within our environment?
The groundbreaking research conducted on our campus, and in the wider community, has the potential to save lives. That’s hardly an understatement when you consider the implications of flooding, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, as well as road safety and wastewater treatment.
What You May Study
- Fundamentals of Prestressed Concrete
- Masonry Design
- Timber Design
- Bridge Design
- Pavement Design
- Building Information Modeling
- Increase your marketability with a worldwide-recognized credential.
- Engage with the award-winning, full-time faculty from J.B. Speed School of Engineering.
- Take advantage of the flexibility and convenience of 100% online classes.
- Complete your certificate in just under a year of study.
- Skip the GRE – not required for admission into the certificate program.
- Apply certificate credits toward UofL’s online Master of Science in Civil Engineering (must apply and be admitted to the master’s program separately).
Complete this certificate on your own time through fully online classes.
Credit Hours. Take only 4 courses to earn your SE certificate.
Year Program. Earn a valuable industry-specific credential in less than a year!
Explore the Certificate in Structural Engineering
The online Structural Engineering Certificate is designed for professionals with a bachelor’s in civil engineering who want to expand their working knowledge with highly-focused expertise.
Check your Undergraduate Flight Plan
The Flight Plan is a structured, measurable guide for your academic success and growth. Our award-winning academic counselors will work with you to find your optimal path to graduation.
Speed School also offers research fellowships to support doctoral students. Interested in specific research with faculty? Check out their research interests.