Environmental Engineers focus on our earth’s essential elements: soil, water and air, to make our world healthier, safer and more abundant.
From our metropolitan Louisville location just minutes away from rural areas and nature preserves, Speed School students are uniquely situated to ask vital questions: How should cities and towns function within our environment?
The groundbreaking research conducted on our campus, and in the wider community, has the potential to save lives. That’s hardly an understatement when you consider the implications of flooding, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, as well as road safety and wastewater treatment.
What You’ll Study
- Applied Hydraulics
- Applied Hydrology
- Open Channel Hydraulics
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Environmental Processes and Systems
- Chemical Engineering Safety and Health
- Industrial Waste Management
- Pollution Prevention
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Air Pollution Control
- Aquatic Ecology
- Advanced Hydraulics
- Advanced Hydrology
- Water Resources Systems
- Surface Water Quality Modeling
- Green Engineering & Sustainable Design
- Advanced Environmental Processes & Systems
- Air Quality
- Stream & Wetland Restoration; Wetland Design
- Transport Phenomena I
- Advanced Stagewise Processes
- Advanced Absorption
- Membrane Separations
- Advanced Process Control
- Special Topics in Chemical Engineering
- Analytical Separations
- Advanced Ecosystems Ecology
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning
- Solar Energy Applications
Explore Our Degree and Certificate Offerings
Regardless of the stage in your engineering journey, Speed School gives you options to reach your goal. Our undergraduate degree earns you a Bachelors of Science in 4 years, with an option to acquire a masters degree in only one additional year. Our graduate options will give you a professional advantage or take you into more advanced research. Find your trajectory, as an undergraduate, graduate student, or professional.
Check your Undergraduate Flight Plan
The Flight Plan is a structured, measurable guide for your academic success and growth. Our award-winning academic counselors will work with you to find your optimal path to graduation.