A 6-year old boy enjoys restored function thanks to a mechanical prosthetic hand. Our Bioengineering students 3D printed the prosthetic hand using an open source design.
Degrees Available: Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctorate
A degree in Bioengineering puts you on the cutting edge of this modern industry. This is a multidisciplinary field at the intersection of science and engineering. It’s also one of the fastest growing job markets.
But the best part? Bioengineering has the potential to enhance and save lives. In labs right now, engineers are working on breakthroughs that will change the world. From autism, to cancer, to spinal cord injuries, you can make a difference at Speed School.
What You’ll Study
- Biomedical device design
- Bio-Micro/Nano-Electro-Mechanical Systems
- Cellular, tissue, and molecular engineering
- Medical imaging
- Biomedical/biosensor instrumentation and embedded control
- Biomedical/biological signal acquisition and analysis
- Biological control mechanisms
- Interfacing tissues with living/non-living materials
- FDA regulations
- Injury biomechanics and rehabilitation/clinical engineering
- Drug delivery mechanisms
- Additive manufacturing for biomedical systems
- Modeling of disease progression and treatment
Areas of Research for Advanced Degrees
- Bioelectronics and Biomedical Devices
- Bioimaging and Biocomputational Modeling
- Biomechanics and Rehabilitation
- Molecular and Tissue Engineering
Types of Degrees
Regardless of the stage in your engineering journey, Speed School gives you options to reach your goal. Our undergraduate degree earns you a Bachelors of Science in 4 years, with an option to acquire a masters degree in only one additional year. Our graduate options will give you a professional advantage or take you into more advanced research. Find your trajectory, as an undergraduate, graduate, or professional.
Check your Undergraduate Flight Plan
The Flight Plan is a structured, measurable guide for your academic success and growth. Our award-winning academic counselors will work with you to find your optimal path to graduation.
Median Salary for a Bioengineer
US Labor Stats 2018
Place increase in USNews World Report rankings from 2019 to 2020.
Placement rate within 9 months of graduation.
Drs. Gina Bertocci and Mary Clyde Pierce’s Model Will Aid in Determining Accident or Abuse in Child Fractures
Teaser: Physician Uses Engineering Skills to Advance Medicine