Prepare current and future medical professionals and engineers to master the analysis of biomedical data through advanced technologies.
Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
Enhance your ability to effectively analyze medical problems and interpret complex data with UofL’s online Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Certificate.
The volume of biomedical and patient data is continuously increasing, the variety of diseases is broader than ever and standard methods of assessment are becoming insufficient. Through completion of this online certificate, you can acquire expertise in key areas of artificial intelligence—including computation, modeling and simulation, machine learning, big data and advanced statistical analysis—and their direct application to medical data management, medical imaging, disease progression modeling, experimental (clinical and laboratory) data and healthcare information. This highly-specialized expertise allows you to effectively analyze biomedical data, improve patient care and advance your career
This program is offered by the J.B. Speed School of Engineering at the University of Louisville, through the Bioengineering (BE) department, in conjunction with the Computer Science Engineering (CSE) department and the School of Public Health & Information Sciences.
What You’ll Study
- Computer Tools for Medical Image Analysis
- LabVIEW for Bioengineers
- Machine Learning in Medicine Using Python
- Machine Learning in Medicine
- Medical Image Computing
- Medical Image Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Analytics Tools & Tech
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Python & Data Analytics
- Introduction to Statistical Computing
- Data Mining
- Learn to use artificial intelligence technologies to improve patient care and find innovative solutions to medical challenges
- Gain the ability to analyze biomedical data through modeling and computational tools, such as machine learning and deep learning.
- Take 1-3 courses at a time and complete your certificate in just 2 semesters.
- Connect and network with other professionals across the biomedical industry.
- Take advantage of 100% online format with access to courses anywhere, anytime and on any device.
- Courses may also partially satisfy graduate degree requirements.
Complete this certificate on your own time through fully online classes or attend in the traditional classroom format.
Courses. The certificate program is made up of only 5 courses (15 credit hours). You can elect to take 1-3 courses at a time.
Semesters. Complete the program in as little as 2 semesters.