Employers and Industry Partners
Why Hire UofL Students?
For nearly 90 years, the University of Louisville’s J.B. Speed School of Engineering has been one of the top choices in the country for an advanced technical education. By combining on-the-job training through a required co-op program and thorough classroom curriculum, J.B. Speed School of Engineering is a leader in engineering education. Our Students co-op with the same company for all three co-op rotations. This insures that each rotation your co-op employees will be more experienced in your company than they were in the last rotation.
Interested in hiring a Speed School Co-op student or graduate for employment?
Students normally co-op with the same employer for the three alternating semesters and there is neither a contract for the employer nor a fee to participate. The employer’s role is to:
- Interview Co-op candidates and select a student.
- Provide full-time work that is relevant to the student’s major, appropriate for the level of student, and appropriate for a semester time period.
- Provide increasingly challenging work assignments over the course of the three co-ops.
- Identify an engineering supervisor willing and able to mentor the student.
- Provide a competitive hourly wage (amount set by employer).
- Complete a short performance evaluation of the student’s performance.
- Review the student’s Co-op report.
The Career Develop and Co-operative Education Office will help through the co-op hiring process by providing candidate resumes, setting up interview schedules, and assisting with all logistical needs.
If you’d like to arrange an informational meeting on your company, be involved in an employer panel or get involved in any other events, please contact Mary Andrade