Diversity & Opportunity
Diversity, to us, means a campus that is inclusive of all ethnicities; all races; all genders and identities; all nationalities; all ages; all languages; all religions and beliefs; all sexual orientations; all physical attributes and abilities; and all political affiliations.
Our Diversity Goals
To create the campus culture we all want, our goals are to:
- Increase the percentage of underrepresented students and faculty, with particular emphasis on a more diverse population of races and ethnicities, more women, and more first-generation college students.
- Improve professional and career services for students and alumni.
- Enhance the role and impact of student groups and professional societies, to encourage lifelong learning and service.
- Increase the number of international learning opportunities.
- Implement professional development and mentoring programs.
Diversity Programs at Speed
For particular programs at Speed, we encourage you to learn more about Campus Culture & Diversity.
Our Diversity Committee is also working on the following initiatives:
- Campus Climate Improvement Plan
- Safe Zone Training
- Conflict Resolution for student leaders
- Promise Zone Summer Camp at the Conn Center for Renewable Energy
- INSPIRE 2020 curriculum and recruitment plan
Contact Us to get involved.