Our Mission & Values
To serve the University, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and the engineering profession by providing high quality educational programs to all students; engaging in research and scholarship that will extend knowledge; and assisting the economic development of the regional, state and national economies through technology transfer.
To achieve our mission, and maintain our position as a preeminent engineering institution, we will align our efforts with these core values:
- Strive for excellence in all that we do
- Uphold and encourage the highest ideals and ethics of engineering
- Build a diverse community of faculty, staff and students
- Provide a personalized approach to teaching, learning, and research
- Create and communicate new knowledge and ideas to improve quality of life
- Serve as trusted stewards of our culture and resources
- Foster productive connections with our alumni, our university, and the world at-large
- Promote policies and practices that foster a positive workplace environment
Speed School is always looking forward, always considering the impact of engineering on modern society. What will engineering look like in 10 years? 20? And how will Speed School shape that future?