Speed School Alumni
Once in Speed School, always in Speed School. That’s more than just a catchphrase; it’s something that we take to heart.
There are lots of ways to stay close to the Speed School community after graduation. Here are just a few.
Make a Gift
Our distinguished alumni are vital to the success of future generations of Speed School students. Make an online donation to give ambitious, talented students a start in the Engineering field. Or contact:
Senior Director of Development
Director of Development
Shop at the Speed School Store
Show Your School Spirit today.
More Ways to Stay Connected
Ways to Engage!
Speed School is a special place where we cultivate world-class engineers who are well prepared to meet the challenges of tomorrow with competitive critical thinking and problem-solving skills. A place for ideas that will transform and reimagine our world, our students are both dreamers and doers. It takes hard-working students, staff, faculty, and alumni to bring these ideas to life in an impactful way – to help people grow, build our communities, and create new opportunities for others.
You, our distinguished alumni, are vital to the success of future generations of Speed School students. Engaged Alumni will provide a pathway for alumni to connect to one another and give back to the Speed School,
Examples of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Attend alumni networking nights for Speed School activities such as the Brown-Forman Engineering Academy, and the Engineering Living Learning Community.
- Assist in freshmen move-in in the beginning of fall semesters.
- Volunteer as judges at E-Expo.
- Outreach to recent graduates and newly admitted students.
- Mentor Speed School students in school and while on co-ops.
- Support STEM Outreach in the community.
- Speak at the Alumni Speaker series.
- Support student organization events.
- Provide mock interviews for Speed School students seeking co-ops.
- Advocate for co-op students in your company.
- Other activities that may arise.
Want to be inspired?
Learn more from the professional and personal successes of these former Speed School students.
Class of 1970 Prepares for Golden Reunion
A core group of engineering alums from the graduating class of 1970 have been working to plan a great reunion for the class of 1970. The committee is surveying graduates to gauge their interest on attendance, investigating a class gift, and organizing special tours and events for attendees.
The 50th Anniversary Golden Reunion for the Class of 1970 is planned to coincide with Homecoming in the fall of 2020.
Speed Specific Alumni Resources
University of Louisville Alumni Resources
Don’t forget to take advantage of the UofL alumni network as well:
- UofL Alumni Store
- Cardinal Circle
- UofL License Plates
Since 1999, our students have received ~$1M through the state license plate program.Show your Cardinal pride… and help current and future students.
UofL Alumni News