Speed School Alumni
Once in Speed School, always in Speed School. That’s more than just a catchphrase; it’s something that we take to heart.
There are lots of ways to stay close to the Speed School community after graduation. Here are just a few.
Make a Gift
Our distinguished alumni are vital to the success of future generations of Speed School students. Make an online donation to give ambitious, talented students a start in the Engineering field. Or contact:
Senior Director of Development
JB Speed Bldg., Room 206
University of Louisville
Shop at the Speed School Store
Show Your School Spirit today.
More Ways to Stay Connected
Class of 1970 Prepares for Golden Reunion
A core group of engineering alums from the graduating class of 1970 have been working to plan a great reunion for the class of 1970. The committee is surveying graduates to gauge their interest on attendance, investigating a class gift, and organizing special tours and events for attendees.
The 50th Anniversary Golden Reunion for the Class of 1970 is planned to coincide with Homecoming in the fall of 2020.
Want to be inspired? Learn more from the professional and personal successes of these former Speed School students.
- Dr. Daniel Bachman (Bioengineering)
- Bob Brand (Mechanical Engineering)
- Richard Chilton (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- Michael Harris (Electrical & Computer Engineering)
- Shari Heath (Computer Engineering)
- Jagannadh Varma Kanumuri (Industrial Engineering)
- Salil Kulkarni (Computer Engineering/Computer Science)
- Rob Mullins (Civil Engineering)
- Olivia Ryan (Bioengineering)
- Dr. Jeff Thomas (Mechanical Engineering)
- Tim Thomas (Electrical & Computer Engineering)
- Joel Tune (Chemical Engineering)
- Kevin Whitlow (Industrial Engineering)
- Andrea Wilson (Chemical Engineering)
Speed Specific Alumni Resources
University of Louisville Alumni Resources
Don’t forget to take advantage of the UofL alumni network as well:
- UofL Alumni Store
- Cardinal Circle
- UofL License Plates
Since 1999, our students have received ~$1M through the state license plate program.Show your Cardinal pride… and help current and future students.
UofL Alumni News
Engineer and lawyer Bob Brand was awarded the 2018 Professional Award in Mechanical Engineering.
Tim Thomas, co-founder of T2 Labs, a local contract engineering firm that specializes in short range communications, was presented with the 2018 Professional Award in Electrical Engineering recently.